Ghost hunting in Yorktown Va

Yorktown is know for where The Revolutionary war ended. There place is full with history. Some of the buildings are part of the Natural Park Services whiles are private resident homes. Twice the British took the town under siege. The courthouse was storing gun powder and it blow up. One house got stuck by tons of canon balls until there was no house left .



This is the victory monument in honor of The Revolutionary war. People have report seeing shadow figure around it. During WWI the statue got stuck by lightning and the head fell off. People thought that was a bad omen.





Thomas Paint's house. it is said when the house was being renovation paranormal activity started happening.




William Nelson's house used to be in this grass field until it got torn apart by canon balls. The story goes that British soldiers were upstairs playing cards when canons started firing on them. One canon ball decapitator a soldier's head.


Reports have witness an headless man wonder the fields at night. There also been reports of shadow figures. I didn't take a picture of the field because 1) I know I'm not going to get anything and 2) the camera on my phone is crap.


Lord Nelson's house. For context he is a famous general that contribute to winning The Revolutionary war.



During the British siege of Yorktown, Lord Nelson thought that one of the British general will take a liking to his house. So Lord Nelson order troops to firer at his house. However the British general wasn't in the house.


During The Civil War, Lord Nelson's house was used as a hospital for both Confederate and Union soldiers.



A Confederate soldier has been seen looking out of the attic window. In the picture that is the window closest to the canon ball.

Again my camera phone is crap. I don't believe the paranormal has anything to do with why the picture is so grainy.


I like going on these ghost tours because I get to hear about history that not going to be told anywhere else. Yeah I could look this stuff up online but, it one thing to read about and another to walk around and heard the stories.


Yorktown is deep in rich history and it a place well worth visiting. If you find yourself traveling through Virginia then come stop by.

Comments

  1. Did you see, feel or hear any spirit energy / ghosts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in a large group so I didn't get a real feel for the places that we stop by. I would like to go back with a better camera and walk around on my own. The Lord Nelson's house has it own tour so that will be one of the next tours I will go on.

      Delete
  2. Honestly, that’s a big part of the reason why I like ghost tours, too. You hear all sorts of interesting historical stuff that mainstream history books usually don’t cover. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment