Welcome to my new blog

 


I decided to create a second blog. My first blog Snapdragon Alcove is for me to geek out about books, and movies, and write short stories.

I figure I needed another place to geek out about the weird stuff I’m into. What is that stuff? Well, the name of the blog gives you a hint.

Sometimes I read about the paranormal. Do I believe in it? Long story short...no. I find reading about this stuff festinating. Plus, I know many people that experience the paranormal. Years of hearing their stories have led to an interest. I will admit I have seen some “strange” stuff. I don’t know what it could be.

I think my interest in the paranormal begin when I was nine. I can probably say it was when I was a little kid watching Scooby-Doo, but that is a cartoon where all the ghosts end up being real people.

My first introduction to people saying they have seen ghosts come from a summer camp when I was nine years old. One of the camp councilors was telling everyone in my cabin about the time she saw a ghost (for the sake of this, I will call her Kate). It went like this:

While Kate was in college, she was working in a restaurant that used to be a house dating back to the Civil War. During the Civil War, there was a boy alone at the time. He was standing with a broom in his hands by the window. The boy was watching the troops march by. They thought he was holding a gun and shot the boy.

It is said that things will move around in the apartment above the restaurant. The manager moved out of the apartment and allow an employee to live there. The employee said that stuff move around. A ghost hunting show (I’m not sure which one) came in to investigate and their cameras kept turning off.

During closing time, Kate was behind the counter while the manager was on the other side, talking. She saw a grey cloud/orb thing move across the room and go through the wall. The manager stop talking and was watching her eye movement. Kate look at the manager and he said, “you saw it”.

The weird thing is that I find the story of the boy being shot and the house being turned into a restaurant in a library book. For the life of me, I can’t remember the title. It was a nonfiction book on the Hauntings of Virginia.

Where this restaurant is? I can guess it is near Williamsburg, Richman, or Charlottesville. Those are the three big college towns that have a history going back since the founding of America. Also, there were a lot of Civil War battles fought in these areas as well. 

What is this blog for? 

To write about the strange and the unexplainable  The paranormal. 

The usual ghost, aliens, bigfoot, and everything else from the view of subjected and skeptical. I will have my own theories that I will save to the end of the post.  

There is a community of bloggers and youtubers into this stuff but, it not like the book community. So for this blog I am going to be on my own and it will be an up hill to climb. 

Enter The Haunted Archives and walk among the shelves. Don't be alarm if you hear any ghostly voices or get the feeling your being follow. Trust me ghost don't bite...or do they? Well there is something in here that bites. So beware. 

What are your expirations with the paranormal? I would like to hear your story in the comments.

Comments

  1. oh, I believe these sort of things do occur. Science will always find an 'explanation' and pooh,pooh the idea of the strange and after-death but in reality, nobody knows, unless they've maybe had a near-death experience. I think having an interest in this area is great. There are TV shows that have videos and interviews with people who experienced such going-ons. It's good to have an interest in an area where others dare not tread ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With so many people having experienced with the paranormal. Make me wonder if there something more to this world. As good as science is, it limited to the materialistic world.

      Delete

Post a Comment